Miles Price – Functional Medicine Practitioner / Certified Clinical Nutritionist
Miles spent the first few years of his career developing plant extracts for UK pharmacy giant Boots. He moved to Hong Kong in 2006 to focus on a more clinical and holistic approach to health, dispensing dietary and exercise advice to members of a Hong Kong prestigious health club chain.
In 2011, he completed a Masters programme in Holistic Nutrition at the prestigious Hawthorn University, USA, and in 2014 he passed the diploma programme in Functional Medicine at the Functional Medicine University, USA. Functional Medicine’s philosophy is to identify the root cause or triggers to disease and dysfunction and apply natural methods of healing.
In 2016, Miles embarked on qualification of an additional diploma in Functional Medicine from the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM), this will provide Miles with a unique qualification to support patients with a variety of conditions, including cancer, cardio-vascular diseases, auto-immune diseases, gut dysfunction and skin disorders. Miles is registered with BANT (UK) as a Nutritional Therapist and is uniquely qualified in nutrition and Functional medicine in Hong Kong.
- Hawthorn University – Masters Holistic Nutrition
- British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy BANT – full member.
- Functional medicine University (Diploma)
- Institute of Functional Medicine (Diploma – completion 2018)
What can you expect from a consultation with Miles?
- A detailed dietary analysis identifying imbalances, deficiencies or excesses of particular nutrients or minerals, which can then be corrected or modified
- A Holistic review of lifestyle patterns and behaviours which can be modified to improve a particular condition or imbalance
- Specific nutrition protocols to support and even reverse particular conditions in the body
- If required, appropriate diagnostic testing to identify the root causes of conditions or imbalances in the body
- Personalised menu plans and recipes to support particular conditions imbalances within the body, for example anti-inflammatory diets
“I found Miles to provide a great deal of thought leadership on the incredibly complex subject of personal nutrition in a situation where there are so many sources of information. He has helped me to lose weight, feel both happier and more energetic as well as get pregnant and at this point, sustain a very healthy pregnancy. I have and will continue to recommend him to others wanting to pursue nutritional based therapy to their health issues.” – C. Major
“My experience with Miles was very educational & insightful. Over the course of a few weeks my energy improved and my sleeping became more restful. He paid close attention to what I was eating and how much I was exercising each day and was able to pinpoint what was missing in my diet and what needed to be changed. Upon doing this he always gave me explanations as to why and what the effects would be” – J. Simpson