COVID-19 WHAT YOU CAN DO
Your body’s immune function is a product of many health parameters: from nutritional support to gut integrity, from diet to sleep. Maximising your immune defence against COVID-19 requires an integrated lifestyle approach. In many ways, there has never been a better time to reassess your lifestyle choices and take steps towards an optimized you.
Since “prevention is better than cure”, we share our top lifestyle hacks to support your immunity:
- Wash your hands frequently with proper hand hygiene (> 20 sec)
- Sanitize your phone and surfaces that you touch often with a minimum of 75% alcohol
- Avoid touching your face
- Practice social distancing, keeping 1.5m apart from others and avoiding crowded areas
- Don’t smoke
- Get good sleep (> 8 hours every night of uninterrupted sleep)
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcohol
- Engage in regular but not extreme exercise
- Try for fresh air instead of re-circulated air
- Avoid fasting for longer than 24 hours
- Wear face masks in public places
- Avoid dietary sugars & dairy
- Manage stress with daily practices like meditation
Social distancing, or perhaps more aptly named as physical distancing, is a set of behaviours to reduce or slow down human-to-human spread of a contagious disease. Visit the resources below for recent guidelines and recommendations regarding social distancing.
Why Do We Need To Practise Social Distancing?
As a community we need to practice Social Distancing, not only to reduce the risk of spread, but also to manage the demand of our finite resources and services provided by our healthcare system. It also gives researchers more time to understand the mechanisms of this novel virus and develop treatment plans and vaccines. Although preventing all further infections is not realistically possible, social distancing and general hygiene measures can help ‘flatten the curve’.
Flattening The Curve
Individual and community-based protocols to reduce a spike of cases, largely to prevent healthcare systems becoming overwhelmed. Collective action can limit the rise of new COVID-19 infections and help hospitals manage the increased demand for care.
LifeClinic 是一間私人醫療保健公司， 成立於 2009 年，致力提供綜合治療和服務。LifeClinic 結合傳統醫學、有據可依的補充和替代醫學與輔助醫學，旨在發現可能導致衰老、亞健康狀況和疾病的潛在失衡及缺陷。